Nurse Pract Family Medicine
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Family Practice Clinic
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Memorial Health Partners and CHI Memorial Hospital now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:On-site childcare with extended hoursCare@Work premium account for additional support with children pets dependent adults and household needsEmployee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your familyPaid Time Off (PTO)Health/Dental/Vision InsuranceFlexible spending accountsVoluntary Protection: Group Accident Critical Illness and Identify TheftAdoption AssistanceTuition Assistance for career growth and developmentMatching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement ProgramsWellness ProgramAdditional incentives for eligible full time day shift and night shift opportunities
CHI Memorial Family Practice - Soddy Dasiy
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for utilizing training and skills to provide direct patient care under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtain medical histories when necessary.
- Perform physical exams (within established protocol).
- Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic diseases (within protocol guidelines).
- Order diagnostic test.
- Prescribe or recommend medications for prescription for medications and treatment (within protocol guidelines).
- Provide preventive health screenings and immunizations for children and adults.
- Promote positive lifestyle habits to all patients through education and counseling.
- Assist the doctor with office surgeries.
- Assure charts are signed off by the doctor within 7 days.
- Maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Make follow up calls to check patients progress.
- Assist doctors with phone coverage and hospital rounds.
- Work closely with other nurses to assure patient flow is efficient.
- Consult with doctor regarding patient symptoms to assure proper diagnosis and plan of treatment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Certificate of fitness through American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- 3-5 years clinical nursing practice in an acute care setting required.
- 1-3 years previous experience as a NP in an acute or primary care setting
Certification or Licensure:
- Licensed as an RN in the state of TN
- Licensed as a CRNP in state of TN, required.
- BLS required.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Pract Family Medicine at CHI Memorial
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started