Student Radiologic Technologist
The posted compensation range of $29.33 - $29.33 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
We're proud to share that St. Michael Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that mayinclude health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Performs radiological exams at a technical level in accordance with department protocols and applicable regulatory requirements. An incumbent assumes responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of radiological equipment under the direction of a licensed provider.
The Radiological Technologist-Student is a temporary classification for employees that are currently enrolled in the second year of an accredited Radiological Technologist program.
- Operates equipment, with competence and proficiency, in various locations including (but not limited to) clinics, emergency room, special procedures room, surgery, portables, C-arms, fluoroscopy and tomography in performing radiological exams, procedures and/or special procedures; follows department protocols to ensure that results are consistent; explains procedures to patients and responds to questions.
- Delivers patient care for all age groups while using diagnostic imaging equipment; acts as a liaison between the patient and the radiologist.
- Utilizes equipment/accessories and employs techniques/procedures to comfort and protect the patient, self and others from unnecessary radiation; may participate in the ordering and inventorying of equipment and supplies.
- Regularly performs basic nursing functions in regard to patient care; responds to emergency situations consistent with scope of authority; documents patient chart with pertinent information; advises nursing floor of any significant change in patient’s condition while in Diagnostic Imaging.
- May perform incidental general office duties, to include answering phone, scheduling, filing and maintaining patient records.
- Keeps abreast of FHS standards, protocols and procedures relating to the department; keeps x-ray skills current demonstrating evidence of continuing education to include department meetings, individualized learning opportunities from radiologist and related classes.
Currently enrolled in the second year of an accredited school of Radiological Technology.
- State of Washington Registration as an X-Ray Technician.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs