Virginia Mason Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
St. Michael Medical Center is looking for compassionate professionals to join our team in our NEW HOSPITAL in Silverdale! This 500,000 Square-foot hospital will be the most energy-efficient hospital in Washington and will provide an extraordinary healing environment for our patients with beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains and Dyes Inlet. In addition, the entire campus has been developed with the well-being of our team in mind with dedicated respite areas and generous break areas (see the views!) along with the Clear Creek trail running through the hospital grounds, encouraging walks and connection with the community. Be a part of this groundbreaking addition to CHI Franciscan!
Visit our website at www.stmichaelopening.org for 360-degree photos and virtual tour of the new hospital.
Our mission is to deliver high-quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
Signing Bonus: $4000.00 (experienced, external candidates only)
Referral Bonus: $800.00 (experienced, external candidates only)
Performs ultrasound examinations in accordance with department protocols and applicable regulatory requirements, and assumes responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of ultrasound equipment. Work is performed with respect to various specialty/sub-specialty areas (i.e. cardiac, general and sub-specialties) in a variety of healthcare settings. Incumbents may perform echocardiograms only if at S EH.
Incumbents are also accountable for; keeping abreast of FHS standards, protocols and procedures relating to the department; keeping skills current; demonstrating evidence of continuing education; attending department, local and national professional meetings; and availing themselves of individualized learning opportunities to stay current on new procedures, equipment or information.
- Prepares/operates a variety of diagnostic ultrasound equipment in accordance with American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) standards and department protocols.
- Delivers patient care for all age groups while performing ultrasound exams/procedures and/or special procedures.
- Performs general office duties department operations to include; answering phone; scheduling; filing; maintaining patient records; ordering supplies.
- Participates in the formal training of ultrasound interns.
- Associates degree from an accredited training program in General diagnostic sonography
- Recent completion of a twelve-month internship in diagnostic ultrasound (with at least six months in General ultrasound) or equivalent recent directly-related work experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS); or
- Certification in Sonography by the American Association of Radiology Technologists (ARRT)..
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.