Nurse Cath lab
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Cardiac Catheterization Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 48
Up to $25,000.00 Sign On Bonus for qualifying new, external Cath Lab RNs.
- Bonus amount prorated by FTE (min .6 FTE required)
- 1 year of experience required
- Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date
- 2 year commitment
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
St. Michael Medical Center is looking for an RN to join our team in our hospital in Silverdale! This 500,000 Square-foot hospital will be the most energy-efficient hospital in Washington and will provide an extraordinary healing environment for our patients with beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains and Dyes Inlet. In addition, the entire campus has been developed with the well-being of our team in mind with dedicated respite areas and generous break areas (see the views!) along with the Clear Creek trail running through the hospital grounds, encouraging walks and connection with the community. Be a part of this groundbreaking addition to CHI Franciscan!
St. Michael Medical Center is one of only four hospitals in our state to achieve the Pathway to Excellence designation, which recognizes health care organizations for their commitment to ensuring excellence in the nursing profession.
We're proud to share that St. Michael Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report.
Our mission is to deliver high-quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Commute Trip Reduction Program - Earn cash back for participation!
This job is responsible for providing cath lab nursing care of adult patient populations undergoing cardiac procedures in the cath lab to include inpatient, outpatient and emergent.
Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician. Requires the use of judgment and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice), including knowledge and integration of available standards, resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of staff/resources. Work involves continuous contact with physicians, patients, patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and management. An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care provided to patients, and has the authority to direct care, provide education, seek resources at the unit/department level, and delegate appropriate tasks.
- Provides care for patients undergoing a cardiac procedure including prep/admission, education of both patient and their family and post procedure care.
- Administers and maintains sedation and analgesia by order of the physician. Assesses, diagnoses, and intervenes in the event of complications. Monitors and assesses the patient receiving the sedation and analgesia throughout diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures.
- Provides on-call coverage for cath lab at designated hospital and responds within 30 minutes of call.
- Adheres to the department’s and hospital’s policies and procedures, including safety, risk management and regulatory standards. Keeps abreast of trends, developments and regulatory requirements impacting matters within designated scope of responsibility.
- Administers, oversees and documents the administration of medications (e.g., topically, orally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously and intravenously) as ordered by the healthcare practitioner and in accordance with hospital policy.
- Assesses patients to include physical, psychosocial, cultural, behavioral/emotional, developmental and spiritual needs. Gather data relevant for patient care. Implements appropriate patient interventions and evaluates outcomes. Plans care appropriately based on needs identified during initial and on-going assessments. Provides holistic, comprehensive, and professional nursing care to patients within the scope of practice. Implements appropriate patient interventions and evaluates outcomes. Prepares patients for discharge and assists with coordinating post discharge needs.
- Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth. Demonstrates self-accountability to meet stated deadlines for all mandatory requirements.
- Documents care delivered and patient status utilizing the nursing process in accordance with FHS standards of care, for example, changes in patient condition, patient responses to intervention and reassessments of pertinent findings. Receives and assures appropriateness, accuracy, timeliness and execution of physician orders.
- Identifies opportunities for, and participates in, performance/quality improvement activities to improve clinical outcomes, healthcare delivery systems and address patient safety/satisfaction and cost containment.
- Incorporates critical thinking into daily practice as demonstrated by quality of care provided, transfer of knowledge, follow through and patient outcomes. Leads, coordinates, and communicates the ongoing delivery of patient care services provided by members of assigned patient care teams(s); considers patient acuity and the competencies of care team members in delegating and assigning work and in adjusting assignments as necessary; assesses and monitors team performance to ensure the quality of care provided is consistent with the FHS standards and regulatory requirements. Coordinates nursing care and advocates for patient needs so that all appropriate disciplines are informed of and participating in the plan of care.
- Prepares patients for examination/procedure. Routinely explains delays. Assesses, monitors, and intervenes as indicated during and post examination or procedure.
- Provides health care education and guidance to patients and/or families. Educates regarding results, findings and diagnoses to patient and/or patient’s family within scope of practice.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- If assigned to the Procedure area - previous Cardiac Cath Lab experience or a minimum of two year’s experience within the past three years in an acute care setting, i.e., ICU, PCU, PACU ER.
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS Certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or within six months of hire
- CCRN (Certification in Adult Critical Care) RN preferred
- IV competency must be attained within four months, training is available.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Cath lab at St Michael Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started