Inpatient Occupational Therapist
Up to $5,000.00 Sign On Bonus for qualifying new, external Occupational Therapists.
- Bonus amount prorated by FTE (min .6 FTE required)
- 1 year of experience required
- Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date
- 1 year commitment
Up to $25,000 in Education Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans. (min .75 FTE required)
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
We're proud to share that St. Michael Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Commute Trip Reduction Program - Earn cash back for participation!
As an interdisciplinary team member, conducts occupational therapy activities to improve patient function and prevent disability following disease or injury, and improve patients’ ability to reach maximum performance within the limits of his/her capabilities. Provides and coordinates comprehensive occupational rehabilitation care to patients through the proper utilization of evaluation, planning, education, and implementation of a treatment plan in accordance with Occupational Therapy Standards of Practice. Work includes indirect patient care activities such as; documentation, scheduling, family training, attendance at rounds, interaction with the Interdisciplinary Team, participation in staff meetings, ordering supplies, and contributing to continuous quality control and performance improvement.
Incumbents are also accountable for responding effectively to legal, patient rights, safety, maintenance, and emergency situations; participating in continuing education, staff development, self-directed learning and overseeing the performance of and providing performance feedback of staff, aides, students, volunteers as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs patient assessment/data collection, interprets findings and formulates treatment plans.
- Implements and updates therapeutic plan of care and treatment based on patient needs throughout patient’s treatment/stay.
- Completes all required documentation, in an accurate and thorough manner, of Occupational Therapy treatment in accordance with FHS documentation standard.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited School of Occupational Therapy and completion of Clinical Fieldwork.
- Position requires at least three (3) months prior experience in physical disabilities and a broad base of medical surgical knowledge, with case experience with the following: neurological impairments, orthopedic impairments, and critical care that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Current Washington State License in Occupational Therapy or a Washington State Interim Permit (valid for a maximum of 6 months unless an extension is approved by the Department Director).
- Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs