In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sign on Bonus for experienced ICU RN External Candidates
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
*** $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for fulltime Echo Technologist positions *** (sign on bonus applies to external hires only and must meet company guidelines for bonus payout).
Franciscan Medical Group, part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, is currently seeking a full time Echo Technologist for our Franciscan Cardiovascular Associates in Silverdale, WA. We are seeking a motivated individual to join our patient centered team. This individual will support a fast-paced Care Team. This position is Day shift, no weekends, NO CALL or organizationally recognized holidays required. Come join our great work environment!
This job is responsible for performing sonographic examinations at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. An incumbent performs a variety of technical exams that relate to cardiac ultrasounds that require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative for sonographic diagnosis. Exams performed in the clinic are: Transthoracic Endocardiograms with contrast and bubble studies (as needed), Stress Endocardiograms and Pharmacological Stress Echocardiograms.
- Responsible for those technical exams requiring a sound understanding of anatomical positioning, physiology, and cross sectional anatomy so that individual selection and modification of technical factors will produce optimal results.
- Maintains expert knowledge in sonography examinations at a technical level. Maintains general knowledge with the sonography equipment.
- Prepares patients for sonography exams.
- Processes and labels all exams.
- Attends class seminars on new developments in technical improvements in sonography. Presents in-services to other departmental employees on procedures, as directed.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited diagnostic ultrasound/echo sonography program that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities. One year of post-graduate experience in cardiac ultrasound and/or demonstrated high degree of proficiency, knowledge, and acuity in the field of diagnostics or ultrasound is preferred.
- Current registration by ARDMS, or current certification by Cardiovascular Credentialing International as a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS).
- Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
- Echo Tech Non-Registered: Employees who do not have ARDMS registration (but who otherwise meet the qualifications for the “core” job) must be assigned to this level, and they have a period of one year from the date of hire to obtain it.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.