Urologic Oncologist - Seattle
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state – CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
Urologic Oncologist – Seattle – Virginia Mason Medical Center
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) is fulfilling our vision of transforming healthcare by expanding our collaborative care team. We have an opportunity for a 1.0 FTE Urologic Oncologist physician in desirable Seattle, Washington. Join the Virginia Mason Medical Center (VMMC) Section of Urology with a regional and national reputation for excellence in patient care.
Our providers say they come to VMFH for the reputation of high-quality care and they stay for the teamwork and relentless focus on patient experience and outcomes.
Aspects of the Urologic Oncologist physician role:
- Position information. Seeking a Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) fellowship-trained urologic oncologist with strong clinical, surgical, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is dedicated to the education and training of residents and fellows, and have research experience and academics interests that will advance the field of urologic oncology. The primary practice location will be in downtown Seattle, with patient outreach at a regional satellite clinic. One specific clinical area of need is the care of bladder cancer patients.
- Team based approach. Our urological team focuses on providing appropriate, compassionate, and multi-disciplinary state-of-the art care for our patients. We believe in advancing the field of urology through quality patient care, research, and education. The oncology team meets regularly for multidisciplinary conferences and clinics, fostering a team-based approach.
- Flexible schedule options. We partner with you to develop a schedule that accommodates your individual needs, as much as possible.
- Teaching opportunities: VMMC is a teaching environment with a urology residency and Society of Urologic Oncology Fellowship. Your role will include the education and mentorship of trainees. There are also leadership and program building opportunities as part of the SUO fellowship.
- Learning opportunities: VMMC Urology also fosters opportunities for leadership and growth potential, based on the candidate’s skills and interests.
- Innovation: The VMMC culture promotes new approaches, best practice standards and continual improvement for both the patient and team member safety and experience using our Virginia Mason Production System with the vision of being the quality leader in healthcare.
- Compensation: A competitive compensation model that incentivizes clinical productivity, academics, teamwork, and the highest quality care.
Work with a committed and caring team of physicians, allied health providers, nurses, medical assistants and clinical support team members, all of whom are committed to the VMFH mission of improving the health and wellbeing of our patients. We are proud of our strong quality outcomes, our focus on continuous improvement, our innovative care delivery models and our ability to have fun while at work. We recognize the team member and patient experience is intertwined and prioritize the engagement of our staff, providers and patients. Physician wellness is valued and actively supported. We are actively growing and expanding our practice to meet the needs of our patient population and are eager to have other skilled and like-minded individuals join our team!
- Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) fellowship trained
- BE/BC; American Board of Urology (ABU)
- Da Vinci robotic surgical experience
- Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of WA.
- Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for specific practice.
About Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington State – CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region. Our integrated health system has nearly 1,500 hospital beds including Bailey-Boushay House, the first skilled-nursing and outpatient chronic care management program in the United States designed specifically to meet the needs of people with HIV/AIDS; Benaroya Research Institute, internationally recognized for autoimmune disease research; and Virginia Mason Institute, a teaching organization which coaches health care professionals and others around the world in the Virginia Mason Production System, an innovative lean management method for improving quality and safety.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
We commit to fostering an equitable, diverse and intentionally inclusive environment – we strive for all to feel valued, respected and that they belong. Our unique life experiences and backgrounds make our patient care extraordinary. Our diversity fuels our culture of innovation and transformative health care. Our differences are our strengths and inspire a promising future.
Living in the Pacific Northwest
Located in the Pacific NW, Seattle is an area with a mild climate year round and close to the great outdoors where we enjoy an abundance of activities with our close proximity to the waters of Puget Sound and surrounding mountains. City life and cultural activities are also thriving. With a variety of neighborhoods and areas to work and live, there are many choices for the type of lifestyle you’d like to enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs