The posted compensation range of $31.94 - $46.31 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
*** Eligible for Sign-Bonus up to $10K***
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award-winning health systems in Washington state CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington, our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers.
At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
The Surgical Technician provides technical assistance to the surgeon intraoperatively by scrubbing, setting up, and maintaining a sterile field for surgical procedures; assembling instruments and equipment; preparing medications for use at the sterile field; and functioning as a member of the surgical team.
Iintegral part of the medical practitioner team, providing surgical care to patients to facilitate safe and effective completion of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. You may assist with instrumentation in vaginal deliveries, perform stocking duties, scheduling procedures, and assist with ensuring the department is compliant with environment of care requirements.
Accountable for utilizing and keeping current on the application of sterile and aseptic technique, surgical procedures, implementation tools and technologies, human anatomy as well as collaborating and communicating effectively with the inter-disciplinary team to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive and therapeutic procedures.
"We hire inspired people to do meaningful work"
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Current registration with the State of Washington as a Surgical Technician.
- Ability to take night and/or weekend call required.
- Also required are: working knowledge of anatomy and physiology; working knowledge of pharmacology and medical terminology; understanding of instrumentation and equipment; skill in establishing and maintaining a sterile field; skill in draping a patient.
- The ability to act as a member of the team, anticipate the needs of a surgeon and patient, operate effectively in emergency and stressful situations, independently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Grasping and manual dexterity required to hand and/or finger items frequently (sometimes continuously).
- Able to maintain a retracted position for up to one hour.
- Clear visual and auditory acuity with or without accomodation required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Extensive walking, sitting, standing, lifting, stretching, and bending required (the staff member is expected to use, demonstrate, and teach good body mechanics.)
- Ability to move equipment using a wheeled cart.
- Excellent communication skills.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes industry leading pay in addition to sign-on bonus, relocation support and comprehensive benefits package, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs