RN Supervisor ICU
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical / Surgical ICU
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $51.93 - $79.34 / hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award-winning health systems in Washington state CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington, our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region. While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
This job is responsible for daily operations and oversight of nursing practice and patient care delivery within an assigned area, including supervision for clinical staff, as delegated and in collaboration with the Clinical Manager/Director of the department/unit. Responsible for organizing, planning, and directing clinical and management activities in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Collaborates with appropriate personnel to ensure standards of care and standards of practice of specific patient populations are current and incorporated into staff practice. Assists management in maintaining continuity and quality of patient care. Contributes to organizational operations and supports the mission by fostering interdepartmental communication/collaboration. Provides effective mentoring and acclimation of staff. Assists with administrative duties, education activities and quality initiatives.
Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN or Bachelors’ Degree in a related field is preferred. Two years’ experience and clinical knowledge in the same or similar clinical specialty (ICU/Progressive Care/Tele). One year Charge nurse or equivalent experience required. Certification in clinical specialty preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, standards, techniques, protocols and tools/equipment of the nursing profession in general, and of the assigned clinical nursing specialization.
- Leadership skills to include the ability to serve as role model, initiator in problem-solving, decision-making, delegating, and communicating of ideas and information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position
- Skills in strategic planning, financial, statistical analysis, and managed care reimbursement.
- Knowledge of FHS policies and standards, and legal regulatory/accreditation requirements applicable to matters within designated scope of responsibility.
- Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency
- Familiar with contemporary health care trends and able to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Supervisory skills to include developing clear performance expectations, hiring, coaching, conflict management, counseling, resolving performance problems, and facilitate group process.
- Ability to express ideas and convey technical information effectively in verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain flexibility, cooperation, and participate in cross-organizational performance improvement activities.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Certification in specialty area preferred.
- Current healthcare provider BLS certification.
We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Supervisor ICU at Virginia Mason Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started