RN ICU / CCU
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Critical Care
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
As our ICU Nurse at the Level 1 Stroke and Cardiac Center, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, you’ll monitor patients who are critically ill and unstable following extensive injury, surgery, or life-threatening disease.
We are offering a generous sign-on bonus and relocation to eligible new hires.
- Manage complex patients requiring open heart & neurological surgery, neuro and cardiac interventional treatments, ventilator support, mechanical circulatory support, such as IABP, Impella & ECMO, CRRT, and other devices as necessary.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to informational and emotional needs of patients and families
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use (i.e. IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices) Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms with necessary
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e. cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury
You’ll begin each shift by taking report from a nursing teammate before making your rounds. You’ll provide continued care and perform procedures as detailed in the care plan. This could mean assisting a physician with a chest tube or central line, providing wound care, ensuring patients MRI or CT, or administering medications.
To thrive in this role, you’ll heavily depend on your ability to multitask and react. You’ll clinically care for your patients- remaining focused and attentive as you continuously monitor your patients throughout your shift. You also serve as their advocate- supporting their best interests when they cannot. However, it’s your sound judgment during an emergency and rapid response are impressive which puts you on the radar for advancement.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is a 336-bed non-profit facility providing quality health care to patients and communities in and around Seattle Washington. We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
- Nursing Degree from an accredited program college, or university
- 1 or more years of experience in critical care preferred
- Active Registered Nurse license in good standing with the WA. Board of Nursing
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) preferred.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
Join our talent team and click apply today!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN ICU / CCU at Virginia Mason Medical Center
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started