Registered Nurse (RN) - Bailey-Boushay House
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state – CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
- Specialize in serving patients with and without AIDS who require end of life care, including those with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease), Huntington's disease or any illness limiting a person’s life expectancy to less than three months.
- Work with both the outpatient program serving 320 individuals and the 35 bed inpatient program.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of professionals including therapists, social workers, nursing assistants and dietary staff.
- Provide around-the-clock nursing care focused on the needs of the patient, and the people in the patient's life.
- Social and cultural diversity is respected and honored by our staff members, who actively participate with families and loved ones to honor special wishes and needs during the patient's stay.
- Patients facing the end of life are supported medically, emotionally, and spiritually in an environment that emphasizes quality of life. Clinicians at Bailey-Boushay House treat the while person, not just the diagnosis.
- As an employee of Virginia Mason, our staff enjoy the emotional benefits of working at a nonprofit facility, but are paid as hospital employees - a higher level of compensation than the typical social service agency. Join Bailey-Boushay House and continue your career as a Registered Nurse with an organization that provides the opportunity to grow with one of the premier healthcare organizations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Current Washington State licensure as an RN
- CPR certification is required every two years
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Understanding of chemical dependency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS disease progression.
- Excellent counseling/psycho-social skills.
This position is a 3pm-11:30pm shift (3) shifts per week.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.