Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state - CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
!! Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus !!
Prorated by FTE
Expectations: - Troubleshoots and solves problems in the assigned area and uses interpersonal skills to communicate with radiologists and referring physicians as well as with patients and coworkers.
Performs diagnostic exams and interacts with the patient so that the patient understands the examination to be performed. Trains and orients current and new employees. Uses computer terminals to perform multiple tasks such as scheduling exams, completing exams, looking up patient history, and finalizing billing with correct ICD codes.
Performs quality control by image assessment, equipment maintenance, repeat analysis, analyzing equipment, and determining the appropriateness of the exam ordered and views taken.
Virginia Mason Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report. Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans
- Flexible health spending accounts: DCFSA and FSA
- Health Savings Account - (HSA) for use with the high deductible health plan
- Short and long term disability programs
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401a and 403b retirement programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Bright Horizons programs for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work.
- This position requires a Washington State certification for Radiologic Technologist and a certificate from the American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT)
- Graduation from an approved accredited program for diagnostic radiologic or successful completion of alternative training is required
- Must complete 24 hours of continuing medical education every two years
- Must have a valid CPR license to be renewed every two years
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology
- Strong organizational skills
- A willingness to grow with technological changes occurring in the field
- The ability to manage stressful situations appropriately
- The ability to attend to multiple tasks and work independently
- The ability to be versatile, flexible are needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Preferred Qualifications: - 1 year of previous Rad Tech experience
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes comprehensive compensation and benefits, continuing education and support, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the country, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs