Clinical Pharmacist - Main Campus Specialty Clinics
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state - CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
The Pharmacist – clinics provider is responsible for managing individual patients and patient populations with complex and/or multiple medication care needs. This pharmacist will manage patients in Virginia Mason's Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Clinic (chronic pain management), Neurology Clinic and Nephrology/Transplant Clinic.Through skilled drug management techniques, the pharmacist – clinics provider works with the patient and members of the healthcare team to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes. This job assimilates and applies evidence-based information in the design, implementation and evaluation of treatment plans across the continuum of the patient health care needs. In addition to providing patient care, this position is responsible for advancing the profession of pharmacy and patient care within Virginia Mason Medical Center.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans
- Flexible health spending accounts: DCFSA and FSA
- Health Savings Account - (HSA) for use with the high deductible health plan
- Short and long term disability programs
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401a and 403b retirement programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Bright Horizons programs for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
· This position requires a Pharm D or B.S. in Pharmacy with relevant practice experience and a current Washington state licensure as a Pharmacist.
· Post-graduate Year – 1 residency, or more than 3 years’ experience as a pharmacy provider as part of a physician group clinic.
· Excellent drug management skills, ability to work collaboratively in team setting, experience with using electronic medical records, and demonstrated expertise in prescribing drug therapy under protocol also required.
· Must meet requirements for ancillary provider credentialing at Virginia Mason.
· Experience in managing a broad range of complex, medication intensive patients in an ambulatory/clinic setting highly preferred..
· Specialty post-graduate year-2 residency training in ambulatory/clinical care preferred.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes comprehensive compensation and benefits, continuing education and support, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the country, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking. Virginia Mason Medical Center, was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report. Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level. You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients.
We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs