Pediatrician - University Village - Seattle
The posted compensation range of $125.00 - $141.83 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state - CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state - CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason Medical Center. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
Our Virginia Mason Medical Center facility has an opportunity for a .75 – 1.0 FTE Pediatrician at our regional medical center located at University Village in Seattle, Washington. Join an innovative multidisciplinary team whose members appreciate work/life balance, their team and the patients they serve. Our providers say they come to Virginia Mason for the reputation of high quality care and they stay for the teamwork and relentless focus on patient experience and outcomes.
Aspects of the Pediatrician role:
- Team based approach. The Pediatrician is part of a team of 12 Pediatricians, 1 ARNP, Pediatric RN’s and 1 to 1 MA support. We have integrated Behavioral Health services including a pediatric masters level Therapist and Child Psychiatrist. Other on-site pediatric specialists include Dietician, pediatric Allergist and Dermatology.
- Flexible schedule options. We partner with you to develop a schedule that balances your needs with the team’s needs. 1.0 FTE = 36 patient contact hours. Flexible schedules 20 and 40 minute visits. Call and weekend duty is shared equally among the group with after hours calls managed primarily by a pediatric nurse triage service. On call (approx 4-5 weekends/year) and Saturdays.
- Access to ancillary and specialty services: Referral options to over 30+ medical specialties within Virginia Mason with collegial and responsive results as well as access to subspecialty services at neighboring Seattle Children’s.
- Teaching opportunities: Virginia Mason is a teaching environment with regular opportunities to precept medical students and residents. It is also a conducive environment for physicians new to practice.
- Learning opportunities: The team has a teaching culture and is a conducive environment for physicians newly out of residency. A formal mentorship program is in place to help guide new physicians to Virginia Mason and support them for long term success.
- Innovation: The Virginia Mason culture promotes new approaches, best practice standards and continual improvement for both the patient and team member safety and experience using our Virginia Mason Production System with the vision of being the quality leader in healthcare.
- Compensation: A competitive compensation model that incentives quality. Guaranteed salary for the first two years with ramp up pauses. RVU model starting year three.
Work with a committed and caring team of physicians, allied health providers, nurses, medical assistants and clinical support team members, all of whom are committed to the Virginia Mason mission of improving the health and wellbeing of our patients. We are proud of our strong quality outcomes, our focus on continuous improvement, our innovative care delivery models and our ability to have fun while at work. We recognize the team member and patient experience are intertwined and prioritize the engagement of our staff, providers and patients. We are actively growing and expanding our practice to meet the needs of our patient population and are eager to have other skilled and like-minded individuals join our team!
- BE/BC in Pediatrics.
- Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of WA.
- Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for specific practice.
- Committed to safety, quality of care and thrive in an environment of continuous but logical and thoughtful change.
University Village Regional Medical Center
Virginia Mason University Village offers a full range of primary care internal medicine services. Other services include rotating specialists, pediatrics, laboratory facilities, walk-in care, mammography, transgender health, among other services.
University Village location
Located just 10 minutes from downtown Seattle, University Village is an outdoor shopping center offering a mix of locally owned boutiques, signature national retailers as well as restaurants and eateries. Seattle is an area with a mild climate year round and close to the great outdoors where we enjoy an abundance of activities with our close proximity to the waters of Puget Sound and surrounding mountains. City life and cultural activities are also thriving. With a variety of neighborhoods and areas to work and live, there are many choices for the type of lifestyle you’d like to enjoy. Free parking for employees.
About Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
Our integrated health system has nearly 1,500 hospital beds including Bailey-Boushay House, the first skilled-nursing and outpatient chronic care management program in the United States designed specifically to meet the needs of people with HIV/AIDS; Benaroya Research Institute, internationally recognized for autoimmune disease research; and Virginia Mason Institute, a teaching organization which coaches health care professionals and others around the world in the Virginia Mason Production System, an innovative lean management method for improving quality and safety.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
We commit to fostering an equitable, diverse and intentionally inclusive environment - we strive for all to feel valued, respected and that they belong. Our unique life experiences and backgrounds make our patient care extraordinary. Our diversity fuels our culture of innovation and transformative health care. Our differences are our strengths and inspire a promising future.
While you are busy caring for your patients, we will take care of you and your family with benefits that include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Retirement plans
- Relocation assistance, if eligible
- Prescription program
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short and long term disability programs
- Time away
- As a non-profit; VMFH is eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Commuter benefits
- Bright Horizons programs; support for children, pets, dependent adults and household needs
- Mental health and well-being programs
- and more!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs