The posted compensation range of $26.25 - $35.20/hr is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is a 336 bed non-profit facility providing quality health care to patients and communities in and around Seattle Washington. We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 139 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents.
This position is responsible for creating databases by assigning diagnostic and procedural ICD-10 and CPT codes to patient bills in order to receive proper reimbursement. This position is also responsible for data entry of codes into a database.
"We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work."
· High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree in related field preferred.
· Minimum of two years of coding experience in a health care environment and or medical office setting required, or Virginia Mason internal candidate with a minimum of one year experience at VM, currently in good standing in current role with a CPC-A certification or one of the required certifications listed below.
· Requires a certification as either Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist Physician (CCS-P), Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Associate (CCA) by American Health Information Management Certification (AHIMA).
· Previous training related to procedural coding and diagnostic coding through continuing education programs/seminars and/or community college.
· Working knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, disease processes and demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
· Requires critical thinking and analytical skills, decisive judgment and work with minimal supervision. Applicant must be able to work under pressure to meet imposed deadlines and take appropriate actions.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the nation, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs