The posted compensation range of $23.82 - $32.75 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Sign-on Bonus Available!
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award-winning health systems in Washington state CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington, our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region. While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Virginia Mason Medical Center, was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report. Virginia Mason is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to provide patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. As a Certified Nursing Assistant your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living (bathing, grooming, feeding, basic hygiene)
- Performing basic patient care activities such as vital signs, observation and reporting of signs and symptoms of disease state, posturals, simple dressing changes - Assisting in patient mobility such as ambulating, turning, positioning and range of motion exercises
- Performing EKGs
- Performing bedside testing such as blood glucose, colon screening, dextrose secretions and specific gravity
At Virginia Mason our Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad.
We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant (or military medical specialty training) program OR Licensed Practical Nursing program required.
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (or active NA-R and proof of passing the WA NA-C exam) or LPN with the Washington State Nursing Commission.
- Current healthcare provider American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic skills in using a PC required.
- Must be able to lift, move or assist patients using proper body mechanics. The ability to occasionally lift or push up to 50 lbs. and pull up to 100 lbs. is also required.
Please be advised that this location requires quarterly American Heart Association (AHA) Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) competency certification post-hire. This ongoing competency is required through resources internal to the facility; outside RQI competency resources are not acceptable for CommonSpirit Health compliance requirements.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to our Certified Nursing Assistants professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes comprehensive compensation and benefits, continuing education and support, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the country, you will find that a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant with Virginia Mason is one worth taking. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs