Baylor Shift - Special Care Nurse/Postpartum
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Labor And Delivery Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 48
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state. CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
We are offering a $20,000 sign-on bonus for qulified candidates!
Work 24 hours get paid for 36 hours!
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is seeking experienced Postpartum and Labor & Delivery RNs for our new state-of-the-art Birth Center, located on the Virginia Mason Seattle campus. The 20,000 square-foot birth center is located at the Floyd & Delores Jones Pavilion on Seattle's First Hill neighborhood. Located on the 16th floor, the facility offers panoramic views of the city, the mountains and Puget Sound. The Birth Center will include: - 6 post- partum beds; 3 labor and delivery rooms; 2 bay OB triage area with 1-2 ORs, and 5 Level II Nursery Beds; plus an option for patients to access a labor tub, and have a water birth. This department will also have a unique design that will allow for some Level II SCN neonates to be cared for in the postpartum room with their parents.
Family provided doulas will be welcome and unit will accommodate presence of siblings. In this position you will be responsible for serving as the primary Registered Nurse delivering care to women who are admitted to the Family Birth Center and their newborn children. This patient population may include low-risk and high-risk pregnancies.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Cares for the post-surgical patient. Provides care to the High-Risk postpartum patient.
- Performs a systematic and thorough physical assessment based upon knowledge of the normal and abnormal physiology and pathophysiology of the neonate.
- Performs a systematic and thorough assessment based upon knowledge of adaptation to extrauterine life.
- Identifies the neonate at risk for complications and provides appropriate care.
- Develops care plans and cares for the normal term newborn and medically fragile neonate.
- Stabilizes and transports critically ill neonates as part of an interdisciplinary team to a higher level of care when appropriate
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans
- Flexible health spending accounts: DCFSA and FSA
- Health Savings Account - (HSA) for use with the high deductible health plan
- Short and long term disability programs
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401a and 403b retirement programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Bright Horizons programs for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work.
- A current and valid Washington State Registered Nurse License.
- At least 6 months experience working in a Special Care Nursery/NICU and Postpartum environment.
- Must be willing to float between Special Care Nursery and Postpartum.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification completion within 3 months of date of hire
- National Certification Corporation (NCC) certification Mother/Baby Unit (MBU) or, National Certification Corporation (NCC) certification high or low risk NICU preferred
- CPR certification required every two years or as specified by the work.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
Virginia Mason offers a competitive salary and benefits package include relocation assistance. There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Baylor Shift - Special Care Nurse/Postpartum at Virginia Mason Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started