Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state – CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
The Center for Integrative Medicine at Virginia Mason Medical Center has a unique opportunity for a Licensed Acupuncturist (LAC) to join our team.
The Center for Integrative Medicine at Virginia Mason Medical Center is committed to promoting health equity and creating an inclusive culture. Virginia Mason Medical Center maintains a diverse team and values everyone’s unique contributions.
The successful candidate will provide acupuncture treatments and other related modalities singularly as well as part of a team of health care specialists working to promote health and wellbeing, healing and treat diseases by integrating methods within their scope of practice
Assess patient’s health status and plan, implements, monitors, and evaluates specialized acupuncture treatments for patients
Provides acupuncture according to VMMC standards of care, policies and procedures, as well as Washington State scope of practice for licensed acupuncturists
Provides integrate acupuncture and other aspects of traditional East Asian medicine (excluding herbal medicine) with other forms of care to patients
Coordination / Administration of Acupuncture Care
Documents care in patient medical record according to VMMC standards as well as guidelines established by Washington State
Participates as a member of patient care team whenever appropriate
Attends and contributes to team meetings, and other care coordination activities as applicable
Participates on multidisciplinary team, division, and department committees & projects as needed
Advances Competence as Practitioner
Complies with all policies and procedures of VMMC, including but not limited to policies and procedures for confidentiality for patient (HIPAA) protected health information and other confidential information, safety and infection control
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Successful completion of an approved acupuncture educational and training program (ACAOM or Washington approved schools)
- Licensed Acupuncturist (LAC) in Washington State
- Active certification by NCCAOM with ongoing maintenance of certification while working at VMMC
- At least 4 years of clinical experience (may be waived for candidates who demonstrate strong acupuncture knowledge and clinical skills)
- Provides appropriate Acupuncture care based on individual needs for adults (older than 15 years of age)
- Effective written and verbal communications skills with peers patients / families and multidisciplinary team members
- Ability to counsel and educate others about Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Ability to work productively with people from different backgrounds
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to solve problems and think critically
- Computer skills including the ability to learn and effectively use the computerized clinical information and documentation systems used at VMMC
- Work experience in medical center and / or teaching hospital / clinic
Priority will be given to candidates with experience who have demonstrated a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs