Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
Marian Regional Medical Center a 191-bed facility located in Santa Maria California is recognized as one of the Top 250 Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Marian’s beautiful mission-style facility houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health’s Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Marians offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the most advanced technologies an expanded and enhanced Emergency Department Critical Care Unit neonatal intensive care unit and an array of womens services.
In keeping with the Marian Medical Center health care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Employees are responsible for completion of unit competency assessments, annual safety review, CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining continuing education units as required by hospital policy. Employees must successfully pass clinical math exam prior to orientation to unit. In addition to these major responsibilities, the Registered Nurse may be assigned other duties.
- Registered Nurse 's without previous Emergency Department experience and new graduates will be considered on an individual basis provided they successfully complete the Emergency Department Orientation and Training program.
- Previous Emergency Department experience preferred.
- CT CPRBLS;CT ACLS;RN;CT PALS;RN IP
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team model of patient-care delivery. Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty skills. Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process and the ability to apply these principles appropriately. Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others. Relates with patients/visitors empathetically and tactfully. Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently. Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills, and objective active-listening skills. Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care tasks, duties, etc. to other team members. Ability and willingness to actively participate in process improvement activities. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others across all departments. Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies. Collaborates and provides leadership with patient-care team. Maintains effective relationships with coworkers and medical staff.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN ER at Marian Regional Medical Center
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started