Patient Registration Rep
The posted compensation range of $22.00 - $27.64 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Marian Regional Medical Center a 191-bed facility located in Santa Maria California is recognized as one of the Top 250 Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Marian’s beautiful mission-style facility houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health’s Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Marians offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the most advanced technologies an expanded and enhanced Emergency Department Critical Care Unit neonatal intensive care unit and an array of womens services.
Employing excellent customer service skills the Patient Registration Representative is responsible for ensuring a positive patient experience throughout the registration process. In order to ensure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered primary duties include:
- a) Appropriate patient identification
- b) Collecting accurate and thorough patient demographic data
- c) Obtaining insurance information and verifying eligibility and benefits
- d) Determining and collecting patient financial liability
- e) Referring patients to the Patient Registration Specialist as needed for assistance with financial counseling and/or clearance
Please be advised that this location requires quarterly American Heart Association (AHA) Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) competency certification post-hire. This ongoing competency is required through resources internal to the facility; outside RQI competency resources are not acceptable for CommonSpirit Health compliance requirements.
The Patient Registration Representative adheres to the organizations policies and procedures for resolution of patient financial liability. Additionally the Patient Registration Representative is an information source for patients and families by explaining hospital policies patient financial responsibilities and Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
This position is represented by SEIU-UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in a hospital Patient Registration department physician office setting healthcare insurance company revenue cycle vendor and/or other revenue cycle related roles
- Applicable education and/or training can be used to balance a lack of experience
- High school diploma GED or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience working in a hospital Patient Registration department physician office setting healthcare insurance company revenue cycle vendor and/or other revenue cycle related roles
- Knowledge of charity care programs as well as the various government and non-government programs
- Thorough understanding of insurance policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Able to perform basic mathematics for payment calculation.
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs