Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in Santa Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250 Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Marian’s beautiful mission-style facility houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health’s Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Marian's offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the most advanced technologies, an expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, neonatal intensive care unit, and an array of women's services.
The chaplain provides spiritual/religious counseling and ministry to patients and their families, demonstrating competency in spiritual assessment and counseling as well as supporting patients and families dealing with illness, grief, and loss. The chaplain recognizes that during illness and suffering individuals rely on their spiritual resources to cope, heal, and find meaning. Through the ministry of presence, religious and spiritual interventions, pastoral counseling, bereavement counseling and crisis intervention the chaplain is empowered to heal, sustain, guide, and support patients and their families. The chaplain also provides a supportive presence to staff, including physicians and other health care team members, and collaborates closely with local clergy and faith community leaders. We offer full-time and per diem positions. This job may require some evening and weekend hours as well as entail coverage of patient needs in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. This may include working with patients in the hospital, cancer centers, and skilled nursing facilities in addition to providing patient, family, and staff support in our 30+ outpatient physician clinics. Flexibility, creativity, a familiarity with technology and electronic health records, and a commitment to our mission as well as the holistic care of patients and staff is needed. Compensated on call/standby hours will also be expected and will be shared with the other staff chaplains in the Central Coast Service Area.
- Experience working in clinical specialty areas and the ability to effectively meet and address pastoral and spiritual needs.
- Board certified through APC, NACC, or NAJC.
- Experience in chaplaincy in the hospital andoutpatient settings (preferred)
- Master's degree in theology or related field.
- Board certified through a nationally recognized certifying organization such as the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) or the National Association of
Catholic Chaplains (NACC), or National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) (preferred).
Training/Special Skills Required:
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with the sick and dying, an ability to respond effectively in crisis situations, and personal and spiritual grounding to effectively deal with stress.
- The ability to work well withother professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and goodverbal and written communications skills are also required.
- Basic understanding of differences among cultures, particularly the Hispanic population, is necessary.
- Ability to work with computers required and experiencewith completing spiritual care assessments in an Electronic Health Record a plus.
- Commitment to one's own personal and spiritual growth and a minimum of one-year experience in hospital chaplaincy strongly desired.
- Additional experience in outpatient spiritual care is a plus.
- Chaplain (preferred)
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs