Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
An environment of dignity and compassion prevails at Marian Extended Care Center, our 95-bed skilled nursing center providing sub-acute health care for individuals in need of short-term, intermediate, or long-term care. Marian Extended Care is conveniently located across the street from Marian Regional Medical Center, and provides its patients and residents with immediate access to the finest routine and emergency medical care on the Central Coast. At Marian Extended Care Center, our patients and residents receive services from trained staff whose foremost concern is your comfort and recovery. Services include but not limited to; Activities program, Comprehensive Care Program, Enterostomal /wound therapy, Restorative nursing program, Skilled nursing care, Social Services, Sub-acute Rehabilitation services including physical, occupational, and speech therapies, radiology services, laboratory services, pharmaceutical services and therapeutic dietary services
About This Position
In keeping with the Dignity Health Central Coast health care philosophy, the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant- Home Health performs appropriate and quality patient care within COTA scope of practice under the direction of Registered Occupational Therapist/ Director/Supervisor in accordance with policies, protocols, guidelines, and application of treatment techniques. Performs services planned and delegated by the OT. Documents accurate patient records and progress notes; Maintains appropriate oral or written contact with the supervising OT. Ensures a safe work environment by being alert for unsafe conditions in the home and gives instructions to correct them. Attends required meetings and inservices. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification by the Occupational Therapy Certification Board (NBCOT) required.
- BASIC LIFE SUPPORT-AHA (CT CPRBLS) , CAR INS , COTA , DRIVERS LICENSE (DRV LIC), required.
- Rehab experience preferred. Minimum of two (2) years of practice as a NBCOT preferred.
- Communicate effectively in English with professional quality both verbally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Use computer, printer, and programs necessary to the position
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and standards and techniques of how to use and maintain Occupational Therapy equipment.
- Perform technical patient care/occupational therapy assistant activities
- Knowledge of safety and body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patient.
- Skill in writing reports, preparing correspondence and keeping patient care records.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, coworkers, residents, medical staff, and the public.
- Skill in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; accept direction
- Skills to perform functions within established productivity standards.
Not less than two (2) years of practice as a COTA. Hospital experience preferred. ? Communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately. ? Establish and maintain effective working relationships. ? Knowledge of three years or more experience in special areas of practice and has advanced level of competence in particular acquired skills that relate to the practice of Occupational Therapy. These skills may be clinically specific areas or may be more administrative or educational in nature. ? Knowledge of the principles, practices and standards and techniques of how to us and maintain Occupational Therapy equipment. ? Knowledge of safety and body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patient. ? Skill in writing reports, preparing correspondence and keeping patient care records. ? Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients/ residents, medical staff, and the public. ? Skill in identifying and recommending problem resolution. ? Ability to evaluate utilization statistics and other data. ? Ability to communicate clearly. ? Skills to perform functions within established productivity standards. Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (CT OTA)
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs