Physical Therapy Aide
St. Mary’s Medical Center has been caring for the health of San Franciscans since 1857 when it was founded by eight Sisters of Mercy from Ireland. It is an accredited not-for-profit hospital located across the street from Golden Gate Park. It is a full-service acute care facility with more than 575 physicians and 1100 employees who provide high-quality and affordable health care services to the Bay Area community.Home to advanced medical practices such as the nation’s first digital cardiac catheterization laboratory innovating orthopedic and spine surgery and comprehensive rehabilitation and a state-of-the-art cancer center. St. Mary’s Medical Center is one of San Francisco’s leading hospitals offering patients a full range of outpatient and inpatient services delivered with the human touch. Strategies and business development are centered on Oncology Services Cardiac Services and Orthopedics.
Assists Therapy staff with patient treatments, including patient transfers and patient assists, to keep equipment and space neat and clean, to assist with group activities, and to provide supervised ambulation or exercises to those patients no longer needing skilled services. The patient population is primarily adult and geriatric. The Therapy Aide functions as part of the multidisciplinary team and may work closely with all therapy staff. Performs other duties as directed by supervisor. Applies Dignity Health Core Values to the performance of every job duty. These Values include Dignity, Collaboration, Justice, Stewardship, and Excellence.
- Assist with patient treatments under the supervision of the Therapist. Monitor results of treatment and communicate effectively with the Therapist.
- Assist therapists in the movement of patients from apparatus to apparatus, including safe setup of equipment for patient use.
- Clean treatment areas after treatments. Maintain safe environment for patients/visitors/staff.
- Distribute clean linens/supplies to treatment areas
- Assist in the care and maintenance of program/therapeutic supplies and equipment. (crash cart, hydrocollator, ice machines, refridgerator, paraffin, maintenance logs). Order equipment as needed.
- Administer modalities, as directed by a Physical Therapist, including hot/cold packs, ultrasound, electric stimulation and TNS application.
Experience & Education:
- 1-2 years of experience with a minimum of 1 year in area of related field
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS certification. CT CPRBLS
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Excellent written and interpersonal skills for functioning in a team environment.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs