The posted compensation range of $42.82 - $62.09 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As a Physical Therapist at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, you’ll help our patients rebuild or maintain their physical well-being following an illness, injury, or issues with aging. Using various treatments, you will help patients reduce pain, build strength and endurance, increase range of motion, or develop better balance to keep them functioning at their best level. Our physical therapists see between 6 to 8 patients daily for initial evaluations, re-evaluations, or treatments. Our therapists perform most treatments themselves. You’ll work with a variety of backgrounds - orthopedic injury or surgery recovery, traumatic brain injury, stroke, or conditions affecting balance, to name a few. This environment is busy and fast-paced but full of collaborative and supportive team members willing to offer help, advice, or mentoring at any time. To thrive as a physical therapist, you must be a team player. You’ll constantly collaborate with other therapists, patients, and their families to seek the best possible treatment outcome. You should be personable, positive, and motivated to provide quality care to a wide variety of patients every day.
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility providing quality health care to patients and communities in and around Walnut Creek CA. We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 139 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents. If you are committed to social justice, health equity and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
Upon referral provides professional Physical Therapy services including evaluations, planning individual patient care programs, and treatments. Demonstrates/uses current knowledge of principles and practices of Physical Therapy. Participates in job related departmental functions as an integral member of the patient care team.
- On referral, by receipt of an MD order, evaluates patients by administering muscle, range of motion, neurological, gait and functional tests to determine impairment and disabilities. Develops a treatment plan and goals based on results of the evaluation and physician diagnosis; reassesses each Rx and makes appropriate changes/progressions in the treatment program according to the patient's status.
- Administers safe direct patient care, utilizing established Physical Therapy procedures and techniques. Organizes the patient care time to meet established treatment goals by appropriate setting of priorities and accomplishing tasks competently within established productive standards, and is able to complete duties and responsibilities within established daily work hours. Delegates and supervises patient treatment done by PT support staff.
- Instructs the family and patient in the treatment program and establishes an effective patient-therapist rapport to facilitate the achievement of treatment goals as evidenced by chart review and patient satisfaction feedback.
- Assists colleagues and other hospital personnel willingly and promotes team relations in patient care. Attends/participates in staff meetings, student program (to include rotating primary preceptorship of students), safety, and QA/QI activities.
- Is compliant with the hospital and departmental competencies and regulatory requirements. Keeps abreastof current trends and other developments in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation as evidenced by participation and attendance of inservices, continuing education courses, and current professional publications.
- Participates in inter-departmental/inter-disciplinary inservices and community activities (1/ year). Provides clinical coordination for student program as evidenced by clear communication with the schools and smooth scheduling of students and preceptors
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of physicians and therapists to develop
and execute a treatment plan for each patient
- Perform initial patient evaluations as well as re-evaluations to indicate thelevel of progress
- Document all treatments and note any status changes
- Tailor treatments to individual patients as needed - don’t be afraid to think
creatively or do a little extra
- Seek new learning opportunities and be a resource when others need to learn
- Consistently offer the best care possible to every patient
We are offering a SIGN ON BONUS to new hires who meet the eligibility requirements.
New Graduates are welcome to apply.
Bachelors and/or Masters degree from a school of physical therapy accredited by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Physical Therapy Association or its equivalent
Possession of a California Physical Therapy License by the California State Board of Examiners.
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT - AHA (BLS)
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (LIC PT)
Working knowledge of various sports and activities
Pilates certification recommended
- 2-3 years experience in out- patient orthopedic physical therapy
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs