Physical Therapist I
St. Mary’s Medical Center has been caring for the health of San Franciscans since 1857 when it was founded by eight Sisters of Mercy from Ireland. It is an accredited not-for-profit hospital located across the street from Golden Gate Park. It is a full-service acute care facility with more than 575 physicians and 1100 employees who provide high-quality and affordable health care services to the Bay Area community.Home to advanced medical practices such as the nation’s first digital cardiac catheterization laboratory innovating orthopedic and spine surgery and comprehensive rehabilitation and a state-of-the-art cancer center. St. Mary’s Medical Center is one of San Francisco’s leading hospitals offering patients a full range of outpatient and inpatient services delivered with the human touch. Strategies and business development are centered on Oncology Services Cardiac Services and Orthopedics.
Provide physical therapy services to adults and geriatric patients including evaluations, planning treatment programs and goals, rendering patient treatments, and discharge planning according to the practice and standards of the Physical Therapy Board of California. Provide effective, efficient, and quality care. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor. Applies Dignity Core Values to the performance of every job duty. These Values include Dignity, Collaboration, Justice, Stewardship, and Excellence.
1.1 Evaluate and test patients accurately, identify problem areas to be addressed, document appropriate short and longterm goals, and design effective treatment plans.
1.2 Effectively implement and modify treatment plans.
1.3 Provide effective patient education.
1.4 Discharge patients appropriately; when patient has met goals, shows a lack of progress, or is no longer authorized for treatment.
1.5 Complete all documentation required by policy, procedure, and regulation in a timely and accurate manner, including billing.
1.6 Effectively communicate with physicians, coworkers and other hospital staff.
1.7 Maintain departmental productivity standards.
1.8 Evaluate and treat inpatients and outpatients as census demands.
1.9 Complete the Clinical Ladder maintenance requirements for a Level II therapist.
- 2 years of experience in care of acute and chronic patients in an orthopedic and/or rehabilitation inpatient setting.
- Minimum of 3-5 years combined experience in healthcare industry
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Must possess good written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to function independently in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Complete annual safety training. Complete and maintain department specific training.
- AHA BLS Certification
- 1-2 years of experience with a minimum of 1 year in area of related field
- Clinical specialist certification such as NDT, OCS, NCS, geriatrics, lymphedema, etc.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs