Phys Asst Occupational Med
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is an accredited not-for-profit community hospital that has been providing exceptional health care in San Francisco for more than 100 years. As San Francisco’s only downtown hospital Saint Francis is uniquely situated to care for international and domestic visitors as well as the residents that make up San Francisco’s diverse population.We encourage employee participation at all levels to encourage growth and excellence. Known as the downtown hospital Saint Francis boasts all private rooms and a friendly atmosphere.The hospital is renowned for orthopedics with leading programs in sports medicine joint replacement spine care and occupational medicine. Saint Francis is also known for outstanding acute burn care emergency medicine acute rehabilitation and a nationally-honored cancer care program.
The Occ Health Medical Provider is responsible for working with the Occupational Health team in the provision of Occupational Medicine. The Occ Health Medical Provider utilizes a broad knowledge and specific clinical skills to assure that patient care is in accordance with workers' comp guidelines, and to insure that the patient is treated correctly and efficiently with care and respect in a warm, caring, comfortable, friendly environment. The Occ Health Medical Provider arranges scheduling of patients for follow-up and recommends consultation with physicians when specialty care is needed. Prescribes medications and works closely with physicians, nurses, and clinic managers to ensure continuity, quality and cost effective care and assists in marketing.
- Creates an environment that is safe, friendly, and comfortable for patients and their families and friends and promotes clinical excellence. Ensures a safe, efficient, and effective work environment. Performs assessments and manages and documents Adverse Events. Monitors service levels of all support departments and resolves identified problems. Provides timely follow-up if there are patient, family, physician or staff complaints
- Meets with the Occupational Health Physician team to review patient care issues/concerns as needed. Ensures the use of appropriate equipment and technology. Coordinates the implementation of protocols as directed by the Medical Director or clinic Supervisor/Director. Proactively keeps team informed of things that impact them.
- Demonstrates willingness to be flexible in relation to working with patients and medical assistants. Acts as a patient/family advocate and develops/supports staff in this role. Creates and implements new strategies to strengthen professional practice. Uses an ethical decision making process in practice and refers ethical issues to the Bioethics Committee.
- Establishes effective working relationship with physicians, especially with the orthopedic surgeons. Fosters joint problem solving, planning and collaboration with physicians for resolving issues in patient care.
Experience & Education:
Occupational Health experience and clinical research experience.
Graduate from an Accredited PA School.
Current with fulfillment of CME requirements. Current California Registered PA or NP.
- BASIC LIFE SUPPORT-AHA (CT CPRBLS)
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation, federal Medicare regulations, state Medi-Cal regulations.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs