Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Psychiatric Acute-Adult
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $71.87 - $100.69 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. Mary’s Medical Center has been caring for the health of San Franciscans since 1857 when it was founded by eight Sisters of Mercy from Ireland. It is an accredited not-for-profit hospital located across the street from Golden Gate Park. It is a full-service acute care facility with more than 575 physicians and 1100 employees who provide high-quality and affordable health care services to the Bay Area community.Home to advanced medical practices such as the nation’s first digital cardiac catheterization laboratory innovating orthopedic and spine surgery and comprehensive rehabilitation and a state-of-the-art cancer center. St. Mary’s Medical Center is one of San Francisco’s leading hospitals offering patients a full range of outpatient and inpatient services delivered with the human touch. Strategies and business development are centered on Oncology Services Cardiac Services and Orthopedics.
In collaboration with the physicians, assumes clinical responsibility for tasks performed within Nurse Practitioner's scope of practice. Including: taking patient's history, performing physical examinations, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, establishing diagnosis and provide care and management patients. The NP may assist in the admission, transfer or discharge from the Health Care System. Makes appropriate referrals to specialists and community agencies. Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement program. Works within multidisciplinary team to develop plan for the patient and their family. Incumbents in this position shall comply with all applicable laws and rules including the Dignity Health Standards of Conduct and Dignity Health policies and procedures that apply to his/her job responsibilities, seek guidance when in doubt, promptly report any potential or suspected violation of Dignity Health Standards of Conduct, Dignity Health policy or procedure or applicable laws/regulations and when requested, assist Dignity Health personnel in investigating all allegations of violation. When called upon, the incumbent shall assist in risk evaluation and work collaboratively with facility/entity leaders to implement, monitor and mitigate risk corrective plans outlined by the Compliance program.
- The NP may provide counseling and education to patients in the inpatient or outpatient setting.
- The NP may provide daily care in the hospital including writing progress notes and entering orders under a supervising physician agreement and per privileges granted by the medical staff.
- The NP may perform procedures within the approved scope of practice for the NP. Notes must be authenticated per guidelines.
- The NP may complete progress notes and dictate a discharge summary of the hospital episode. This document must be authenticated by a supervising physician. Patients are only discharged from the Hospital by the order of the attending physician after the attending physician has personally evaluated and documented the patient's status and suitability for discharge.
- The NP may participate in after-hours telephone coverage of patients (inpatient and outpatient) with available physician supervision and within the scope of a supervising physician agreement.
- The NP will collaborate on quality improvement initiatives involving patients including the helping to maintain a patient database for outcomes tracking and reporting.
- Minimum of 3-5 years combined experience in healthcare industry
- Master's in Nursing from an accredited program for Nurse Practitioners.
- Current license in the State of California as a RN. Certified as a nurse practitioner.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Practitioner at St Marys Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started