Clinical Lab Scientist
The posted compensation range of $59.48 - $68.98 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
*Up to $10K Sign On Bonuses and Up to $15K Relocation available to new hires!
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is an accredited, not-for-profit community hospital that has been providing exceptional health care in San Francisco for more than 100 years. As San Francisco’s only downtown hospital, Saint Francis is uniquely situated to care for international and domestic visitors, as well as the residents that make up San Francisco’s diverse population.
We encourage employee participation at all levels to encourage growth and excellence. Known as the downtown hospital, Saint Francis boasts all private rooms and a friendly atmosphere.
The hospital is renowned for orthopedics, with leading programs in sports medicine, joint replacement, spine care and occupational medicine. Saint Francis is also known for outstanding acute burn care, emergency medicine, acute rehabilitation and a nationally-honored cancer care program.
Performs diagnostic testing procedures in one or more sections of the Laboratory. Duties include:
- Performs chemical, microscopic,immunologic and microbiological procedures.
- Evaluates the validity of test results.
- Reports test results via phone, computer entry and instrument verification protocol.
- Records instrument maintenance and test quality control results.
- Obtains patient specimens by venipuncture or capillary puncture.
- Maintains a clean, organized work area and keeps working supplies stocked at the bench.
- Notifies supervisor of out-of-control or discrepant results.
- Recognizes and resolves problems by troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment and using alternative procedures.
- Works in multiple sections of the laboratory.
- Weekend and shift rotation is expected.
- Attends in-service training and seminars to update knowledge and skills.
- Able to perform phlebotomy on inpatients and outpatients with minimal repeat attempts. Successful completion of age-related competency.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with patients, staff using a humanistic attitude (anticipates needs, is respectful, caring and courteous). Successful completion of age-related competency.
- One year working experience in all sections of the laboratory required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years combined experience in healthcare industry required.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist- State of California required.
- 1-2 years of experience with a minimum of 1 year in area of related field preferred.
- Consistently and positively communicates and collaborates with colleagues, supervisors, and customers, both internal and external
- Efficiently and independently plans time, meets deadlines, initiates and follows through on tasks
- Listens respectfully and carefully, demonstrating flexibility in working with others
- Demonstrates sensitivity to people of different cultures and works effectively with them
- Meets attendance standards and uses timekeeping system accurately and consistently
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs