RN Care Coordinator
Mark Twain Medical Center is a member of Dignity Health. The word "dignity" perfectly defines what our organization stands for, showing respect for all people by providing excellent care. Mark Twain Medical Center opened on August 26, 1951 and is located in beautiful San Andreas California. Since opening, Mark Twain has provided the highest quality health care for all those needing medical care in Calaveras County. We offer care, expert staff and state-of-the-art equipment to meet the growing needs of our community and are committed to the values of dignity, collaboration, justice, stewardship and excellence.
The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing, planning, facilitating and advocating for options and services through a continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on assigned patients.The RN Care Coordinator performs this role in such a manner as to meet the individuals health needs while promoting quality and cost effective outcomes. The positions emphasis will be on care coordination, communication and collaboration with nursing, physicians, departments within the medical center, insurers and post acute service providers to pace the care toward optimal outcomes within the appropriate level of care.
The RN Care Coordinator will advocate for the patient and family by identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs, cultural, language and socioeconomic barreris to care transitions . In addition, the RN Care Coordinator will protect confidentiality while striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction. The RN Care Coordinator consistently conducts the utilization review process and the discharge planning process as required by hospital policies, standards of practice and Federal and State regulations. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values.
The employee shall support the Organization's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Graduate of an RN School of Nursing - A Masters Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case Management can serve as a substitute for the experience requirement.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute hospital setting.
- Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance setting is required.
- If operational conditions permit, training a candidate without the required experience may be considered.
- Current California RN license
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively.
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Case Management certification preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs