Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $68.19 - $86.16 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Mark Twain Medical Center is a member of Dignity Health. The word dignity perfectly defines what our organization stands for showing respect for all people by providing excellent care. Mark Twain Medical Center opened on August 26 1951 and is located in beautiful San Andreas California. Since opening Mark Twain has provided the highest quality health care for all those needing medical care in Calaveras County. We offer care expert staff and state-of-the-art equipment to meet the growing needs of our community and are committed to the values of dignity collaboration justice stewardship and excellence.
The House Supervisor is a registered nurse who is directly responsible for the coordination and collaboration of all hospital services to meet the needs of patients of Mark Twain Medical Center. This position requires providing service to all age populations from neonates to geriatric patients in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and developmental age of the individual served.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates leadership and critical decision thinking skills
- Prioritizes work in the following order: Rapid response, bed control, staffing (including productivity), emergent patient care issues, break & lunch relief, safety issues, committee work and other duties as assigned
- Makes decisions regarding placement of patients, closure of units and staffing in coordination with all hospital management
- Demonstrates interpersonal communication strengths by utilizing conflict resolution skills and facilitating problem solving
- Correctly documents the daily activities and reports to senior management and hospital managers any issues, concerns, disciplinary problems, regulatory infractions, and also any positive and excellent work done by employees
- Manages patient care on a single unit or multiple units in the absence of the hospital managers
- Acts as a patient advocate when necessary
- Is knowledgeable of patient intervention protocol
- Mentors, coaches and provides in-services on shift
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Associates Degree in Nursing (e.g. ADN).
- BSN preferred. Management education preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience.
- Two (2) years experience in leadership capacity preferred
License and Certifications:
- Current CA Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current CPR, ACLS and PALS. NRP preferred.
- Able to do work in spite of frequent interruptions. Ability to read work product of others, computer/monitor screens, computer printouts. Able to perform mathematical calculations. High level of concentration and attention to detail. Ability to work with a team, prioritize work and make decisions regarding patient care, implements nursing actions independently, interacts appropriately with others. Communicates effectively in all settings and makes allowances for behavioral differences among people. Demonstrates a proactive approach seeking to remedy situations before an accident or mistake is made.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful House Supervisor at Mark Twain Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started