Family Nurse Practitioner
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: General Medical Clinic
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Mark Twain Medical Center is a member of Dignity Health. The word "dignity" perfectly defines what our organization stands for, showing respect for all people by providing excellent care. Mark Twain Medical Center opened on August 26, 1951 and is located in beautiful San Andreas California. Since opening, Mark Twain has provided the highest quality health care for all those needing medical care in Calaveras County. We offer care, expert staff and state-of-the-art equipment to meet the growing needs of our community and are committed to the values of dignity, collaboration, justice, stewardship and excellence.
The nurse practitioner is a professional registered nurse with advanced education and training in the primary care of adult and pediatric populations. The nurse practitioner is responsible for providing medical care to patients under the medical supervision of the Clinic Medical Director/designee. The nurse practitioner is also directed by standardized protocols and procedures which are appropriate to patient age. This position is credentialed through the Medical Staff. There is ongoing collaboration with the Mark Twain St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Staff and other specialists in the area. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Nurse Practitioner registration with the State of California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- Current registered nurse licensure by California BRN
- American Heart Association BLS
- Professional and extensive knowledge of physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and management of acute and chronic problems.
- Substantial interpersonal skills necessary to instruct patients and their families as needed and to collaborate with health team members.
- Ability to work quickly and independently. (Independent is defined as independent of physician approval.).
- High level of concentration and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a team, prioritize work and make decisions regarding patient care, implements nursing actions independently, interacts appropriately with others.
- Able to do work in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to read work product of others, computer/monitor screens, computer printouts Able to performs mathematical calculations
- Preferably two years of primary care clinical nursing experience
- National certification preferred
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Family Nurse Practitioner at Mark Twain Medical Center
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started