Sr Special Procedures Technologist CT and MRI
Built-in 1973, Dignity Health Methodist Hospital of Sacramento is committed to providing daily excellence in health care for residents of Sacramento’s southern suburbs, including the Elk Grove, Wilton, and Galt communities. Methodist Hospital is home to a 158 acute-care bed facility with 1,120 employees, 283 medical staff, and 29 Emergency Department beds. Methodist Hospital also owns and operates Bruceville Terrace – a 171-bed, sub-acute skilled nursing long-term care facility adjacent to the hospital that provides care for the elderly, as well as those requiring extended recoveries. Methodist Hospital is home to the Family Medicine Residency Program, an accredited and nationally recognized program which provides resident physicians with specialty training in primary care family medicine. Together, the hospital and residency program implemented a ground-breaking curriculum addressing the identification, treatment, and assistance of human trafficking victims and created a one-of-a-kind health clinic for victims, the Human Trafficking Medical Home.
Methodist Hospital, a member of Dignity Health, is currently looking for a Senior Special Procedures Technologist to add to their hospital staff. The Senior Special Procedures Technologist performs general radiographic procedures as well as more complex procedures according to written or transcribed verbal orders of a physician within the scope of his/her certification. The individual in this position should demonstrate competency in patient care for neonate, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. The technologist can be required to participate in the department's call schedule to ensure coverage of weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- ARRT License
- At least 5+ years experience as a Technologist displaying competency in general radiology in addition to two other modalities.
- Candidates must have a current California license as a certified Radiologic Technologist with Fluoroscopic permit. Must be competent in general radiology in addition to one other modality: Angiography/Special Procedures, MRI and/or CT
- Must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology for imaging including cross sectional relationships.
- Knowledge of medical terminology relating to imaging procedures and the principles of operation and care of x-ray machines and accessory equipment.
- Knowledge of currently accepted diagnostic radiology and special procedures training; radiation safety requirements and practices for the operator, patient and public
- Experience with image processing systems, mechanical and electrical safety practices and requirements in the patient examination environment and the preparation, use and hazards of diagnostic contrast materials.
The ability to minimize radiation exposure to patients, self and other persons
- Experience performing general and specialized radiologic procedures which meet the department's standard of quality
- Ability to recognize and respond to allergic reactions and other life threatening patient conditions which might arise during the examination process.
- Experience in acting courteously and with tact in dealing with patients, visitors and the public as well as effectively and empathetically deal with agitated, ill and distressed patients.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a cooperative working relationship with physicians and other healthcare personnel.
- Experience in the maintenance of confidential patient records and information.
- Ability to coordinate several assignments and establish work priorities as well as the ability to work effectively to adjust priorities as circumstances require.
This position shall demonstrate behaviors consistent with the core (Mercy) values in support with Methodist Hospital and the Mission and Philosophy of Dignity Health.
Dignity Health is an AA/EEO employer.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.