Skilled Nursing Manager
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: SNF Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Bruceville Terrace has been providing quality, compassionate care since 1989. Licensed as the 171-bed sub-acute skilled nursing facility of Methodist Hospital of Sacramento, Bruceville Terrace offers care for the elderly, as well as those requiring extended recoveries.
Bruceville Terrace provides skilled nursing, rehabilitative and complex medical services to our patients and residents using an interdisciplinary team approach. Over half of the facility is dedicated to skilled nursing/convalescent care, while the remaining beds are committed to meet the medical and rehabilitative needs of the short-term patient after a stay at the acute care hospital. Learn more at http://www.methodistsacramento.org/.
- Direction and Supervision: Directs and supervises nursing and ancillary staff in planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating patient care in the units. Promotes Patient-and Family Centered care, coordinates the daily operations of the units according to predefined standards. Monitors resource utilization, assesses capability of each staff member to ensure maximum productivity and excellent customer service. Defines roles, responsibilities, and standards to achieve competent, efficient, safe and compassionate care and services to patients and their families.
- Human Resources: Working with Human Resources, facilitates the recruitment, interviewing, selection and hiring of all caregivers in the units. Is knowledgeable and adheres to all labor regulations in regard to employee contracts and is fair and equitable in all hiring practices. Holds staff accountable for adherence to Mission, Vision, Values, Standards of Performance, Rules of Conduct and Standards of Care by carrying out corrective and/or disciplinary action as necessary. The position is empowered to discipline up to termination of individuals when their standards, conduct or attitude are not in concert with the direction, values and mission of Dignity Health goals and philosophies. Appraisals are based on human resources policies, department performance standards and processes required to ensure quality patient care. Appraisals are performed on an ongoing basis and annually for unit based employees. Appraisals are fair, consistent, and recognize the educational and training needs of the individual.
- Leadership: the incumbent demonstrates effective leadership and delegation skills through the assignment of tasks and duties to team members that carry clear and concise outcomes and desired timeframes. Provides direction and coordination of staff and patient care activities using organization/priority-setting skills.
- Problem-solving skills: the incumbent demonstrates effective clinical/supervisory problem solving and decision making through problem identification and resolution skills.
- Communication: the incumbent demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills with staff, physicians, other units, patients, families, and visitors. Facilitates communication between physicians and nursing staff and acts as a patient advocate to ensure timely and efficient patient care. Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to build a cohesive team. Provides fair, consistent, timely and specific feedback to challenge staff to achieve their potential and know where they stand. Staffing: Approves and coordinates unit schedules in accordance with the staffing plan for the departments. Authorizes changes in the schedule to meet the needs of the department.
- Freedom to Act: Decisions are submitted to the Director regarding requests for increases in budgeted staff positions, use of travelers, capital expenditures, and major policy changes. Budget: Assists in preparation and development of the department budget. Provides fiscal monitoring and financial goal setting of the department. Authorizes purchases of supplies and equipment within the scope and authority of the position. Manages daily overtime and meal/break penalties within set goals.
- Nursing Process: Demonstrates knowledge of assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of patient care. Ensures that standards, policies and procedures are followed in daily practice.
- Clinical/Technical: Functions as a role model by demonstrating competency in clinical judgment and select technical and psychomotor skills. Assures personal and departmental competency and compliance to all accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Safety/Infection Control: Functions with an awareness and application of safety and infection control precautions and principles. Ensures control of supplies and equipment with emphasis on proper use, safety and cost containment. Legal: Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and functions of the Units. Is charged with keeping staff informed on all situations and conditions that are reportable to the County, State, or Federal Government.
- Major Challenges: The major challenge of this position is to maintain quality patient care as mandated by the Mission and Philosophy of Dignity Health and integrate standards and operations with the facility while maintaining quality indicator standards measured by the MDS (minimum data set) process. Utilization of available resources to enhance staff development and empowerment, enhance recruitment and retention efforts and maintain personal professional excellence.
- Quality Improvement: Facilitates and coordinates QI activities of the units by monitoring data sources looking for trends and areas for improvement. Uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact. The incumbent assures compliance with the state and federal regulations, the joint commission, and all regulatory quality indicators.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Recent Skilled Nursing experience, with 2 of the 3 years in a progressive leadership role required.
- Previous Skilled Nursing Unit Manager/Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) experience preferred.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic Life Support (BLS), other credentials or credential modules may be required.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Skilled Nursing Manager at Bruceville Terrace?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started