The posted compensation range of $63.24 - $88.61 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Nestled in the heart of East Sacramento Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital is a 313 bed acute care facility that provides a wide range of services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. Mercy General is home to the nationally ranked Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Institute. Key achievements and recognitions include: from the Joint Commission; Advanced Joint Replacement Spine Center of Excellence Primary Stroke Center Ventricular Assist Device and Chest Pain Certification. Other accolades include CMS 5 stars Practice Green Health 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Level 4 Epilepsy Center and Opioid Stewardship Honor Roll. Mercy General Hospital is proud to foster inclusion and diversity as part of our mission vision and values.
We are seeking a full-time surgical Physician Assistant in our Cardiac Surgery department. Our team of eight PAs work with a total of seven cardiovascular surgeons, in one of the top cardiac surgery programs in the state. At our two hospitals combined, we performed over 1300 open heart surgeries last year, including a successful TAVR program, DaVinci robotic program, as well as TEVARs and complex aortic and valvular cases.
Successful candidates must be proficient in all aspects of first assisting in major cardiac surgical procedures, endoscopic and open vein harvesting, and have experience with a high-volume CT surgery program. This is primarily an OR position, with occasional rounding on inpatients on an as-needed basis. We work 4 ten-hour shifts each week, although daily hours can be variable, depending on caseloads. We take overnight call (OR only) one night a week and 1 to 2 weekends a month. There is no in-house call or clinical call. We have a great team of PAs, a very supportive group of surgeons, and wonderful nurses and support staff.
This is an hourly position that includes call pay and overtime pay, so the total compensation is significantly higher than the base salary.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Retirement Programs, including 403B and pension
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident Critical Illness and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Wellness Programs
- This position requires a minimum of one year of experience as a Cardiac Surgery PA
- Completion of a Physician Assistant training program recognized by the NCCPA
- NCCPA certification and CA Physician Assistant License
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- BLS and ACLS Certification from the American Heart Association
This position also requires the following knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of sterile technique in a surgical setting
- Experience as a First Assistant in cardiac surgery
- Proficiency with placement of Foley catheters and central venous and arterial lines
- Endoscopic and open vein harvesting experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a member of a team with a high degree of autonomy
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs