The posted compensation range of $36.29 - $36.29 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Nestled in the heart of East Sacramento Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital is a 313 bed acute care facility that provides a wide range of services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. Mercy General is home to the nationally ranked Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Institute. Key achievements and recognitions include: from the Joint Commission; Advanced Joint Replacement Spine Center of Excellence Primary Stroke Center Ventricular Assist Device and Chest Pain Certification. Other accolades include CMS 5 stars Practice Green Health 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Level 4 Epilepsy Center and Opioid Stewardship Honor Roll. Mercy General Hospital is proud to foster inclusion and diversity as part of our mission vision and values.
- This position requires registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy as a registered technician.
- The requirements of the position also include: legal restrictions on the activities of non-licensed personnel in a pharmacy; medical abbreviations; pharmaceutical terminology and calculations; safe handling of antineoplastic/chemotherapeutic agents and aseptic technique in the preparation of intravenous admixtures and total parenteral nutrition.
- Special skills required for the position include: the ability to load automated dispensing machines; demonstrate accurate computer data entry skills and proper safety practices and techniques.
- One year of acute care hospital pharmacy practice experience or a 6 week pharmacy technician externship at the hiring facility.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident Critical Illness and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- One year of acute care hospital pharmacy practice experience or a 6 week Pharmacy Technician externship at a Dignity Health Sacramento Division Hospital or 5 years of recent Retail Pharmacy experience processing TARs and PAs (within the last 3 years) or 1 year of recent experience in Pharmacy Managed Care (within the last 3 years) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legal restrictions on the activities of non-licensed personnel in a hospital pharmacy, medical abbreviations, pharmaceutical terminology and calculations, and generic/trade names of medications.
- Registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy as a registered technician.
- Experience working in a USP 797 clean room is preferable. Certified Pharmacy Technician from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Completion of an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Technician program is preferred
- Experience in the preparation of intravenous admixtures and antineoplastic/chemotherapeutic/hazardous medications is preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs