Pharmacy Technician, Per Diem
Since 1925, Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital has been providing a wide range of health, social, and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. The 419-bed facility includes the nationally recognized Dignity Health Heart & Vascular Institute and The Joint Commission-certified Stroke Programs. Mercy General Hospital also houses the first CARF- (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited Acute Rehabilitation Unit in the region. Mercy General Hospital’s Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Center is a state-of-art, four story addition that provides all cardiac services under one roof: Cardiac Rehabilitation, Cardiac Support Unit and Cardiopulmonary Services. It also includes: 71 private, family-friendly patient rooms, expanded 21-bed cardiac ambulatory procedure area and a highly advanced 20-bed cardiac surgery ICU. Additionally, Mercy General Hospital has achieved Level 4 Epilepsy Center designation.
- One year of acute care hospital pharmacy practice experience or a 6 week PharmacyTechnician externship at a Dignity Health Sacramento Division Hospital or 5 years of recent Retail Pharmacy experience processing TARs and PAs (within the last 3 years) or 1 year of recent experience in Pharmacy Managed Care (within the last 3 years) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legal restrictions on the activities of non-licensed personnel in a hospital pharmacy, medical abbreviations, pharmaceutical terminology and calculations, and generic/trade names of medications. Experience in the preparation of intravenous admixtures and antineoplastic/chemotherapeutic/hazardous medications.
- Registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy as a registered technician.
- Completion of an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Technician program is preferred.
- Experience working in a USP 797 clean room is preferable.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Experience in the preparation of intravenous admixtures and antineoplastic/chemotherapeutic/hazardous medications is preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.