Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Pre & Post Surgery - Outpatient
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Since 1925 Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital has been providing a wide range of health social and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. The 419-bed facility includes the nationally recognized Dignity Health Heart & Vascular Institute and The Joint Commission-certified Stroke Programs. Mercy General Hospital also houses the first CARF- (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited Acute Rehabilitation Unit in the region. Mercy General Hospital’s Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Center is a state-of-art four story addition that provides all cardiac services under one roof: Cardiac Rehabilitation Cardiac Support Unit and Cardiopulmonary Services. It also includes: 71 private family-friendly patient rooms expanded 21-bed cardiac ambulatory procedure area and a highly advanced 20-bed cardiac surgery ICU. Additionally Mercy General Hospital has achieved Level 4 Epilepsy Center designation.
- Performs total body and system assessment each shift/visit according to unit standards
- Care of patient, including planning, implementing, evaluating and educating
- Performs legible, timely, concise and accurate documentation according to policies and procedures; proficient and competent with the computerized documentation system
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own decisions and behaviors; recognizes, accepts and cooperates with direction from facility leadership
- Participates in orientation of new staff, ancillary personnel and mentors students in a constructive and positive manner; serves as resource to staff from other nursing departments
- Continues education by attending non-mandatory education offerings specific to area of practice, maintains awareness of issues related to nursing profession
- Provides measurable written goals appropriate to level of experience during annual appraisal process; achieves pre-set goals throughout the year
- Maintains a safe working environment by utilizing appropriate resources, protocols, procedures, and communication to appropriate personnel
- Applies safety precautions and principles to patient care, including all applicable National Patient Safety Goals, and adherence to medication management policies and procedures
- Communicates clearly and effectively using proper communication etiquette. Uses medical terminology accurately; includes reporting abnormals or change in patient condition to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Participates in unit, service line, and Dignity Health Quality initiatives. Includes Patient Satisfaction and Core Measures
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- One (1) year of experience as a PACU RN in a post-anesthesia care unit within an acute care setting
- (When staffing is experienced enough to support a trainee, applicants with 3 years of ICU or ED experience may be considered).
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- (When staffing is experienced enough to support a trainee, PALS will be required within 6 months of hire/transfer date.)
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful PACU Nurse at Mercy General Hospital
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started