Social Worker LCSW
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive, highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization, the core values - Compassion, Inclusion, Integrity, Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities, you will feel immediately at home
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregon's scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush, forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua.
In many places, you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here, but it slows to an easy, welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant, instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are, “Wow, that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible Position!
Pay Scale: $31.92 - $46.29
Shift:Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm Including Rotating Weekends
Responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, treatment and follow-up for patients and families in assigned patient population. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community agencies and other healthcare professionals to implement safe and effective patient care.
- Provides clinical services to patients and families that address personal and environmental issues in order to maximize emotional, social and physical wellbeing and the appropriate and efficient use of healthcare resources. .
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred or meet screening criteria for identifying patients’ needs. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides services as indicated. Partners with the multidisciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care planning.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapeutic services appropriate to setting. Provides timely and appropriate communication and documentation in the medical record. Provides consultation and education regarding psychosocial issues affecting patient care. Advises and addresses ethical and risk management issues.
- Provides psychiatric assessments of mental health patients. This includes communication with the patient, psychiatrist and Community Health Alliance (CHA). Makes recommendations to the Emergency Department Physician regarding treatment of patient and assists in accessing appropriate treatment for patients including assisting with arranging transfers.
- Provides ongoing education for Emergency Department Staff and Providers regarding psychiatric assessments and placement.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of community, state and national health programs and relevant private systems, as well as legislation affecting social services in healthcare. Completes referrals to appropriate local, state and federal resources and acts as liaison between those agencies and Mercy staff and patients.
- Provides support and crisis counseling.
- Completes documentation as required by Federal, State and accrediting body standards and regulations.
- Current LCSW license issued by the State of Oregon required.
- Two (2) years healthcare experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of social work and the process of consultation required.
- Must possess knowledge of community resources, state and federal social health and welfare programs and legislation.
- Good verbal and written communications skills required.
- Knowledge of human behavior, social systems and general social work practices and principles required.
- Must be able to relate to a wide range of people from different cultures, professions and value systems.
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs