The posted compensation range of $14.78 - $20.33 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Under direct supervision, the Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
- Perform patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
- Answer phone calls and direct them appropriately.
- Schedule appointments according to office guideline.
- Obtain accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays (TOS) and deductible amounts.
- Copy/scan patient access related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
- Prepare charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
- Conduct all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Perform duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
- Confirm next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
- Follow up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and send out the appropriate communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation, database management, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and graphic presentation packages.
- Knowledge of insurance authorization/billing requirements.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of clinic procedures and regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs