CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
Pay Scale: $16.26 - $22.36
Shift: Casual Part-Time, Varied
Under the direction of the Imaging Office Supervisor, the Radiology Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties, which includes receiving Imaging Services patients, scheduling, filing and answering telephones.
- Greets patients in a timely manner.
- Performs patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
- Fills out consent forms for treatment and has patient sign on arrival to department when needed.
- Performs Medical Necessity checks.
- Issues exam preparation materials by checking in the schedule module and/or the technician to verify the exam.
- Notifies ordering providers of required changes based on Radiologist’s Protocols in regard to patient’s medical history, medication allergies and laboratory results.
- Screens physician orders for accuracy and completeness and orders exam(s).
- Imports outside CD’s and performs comparison of each as needed.
- Prepare and distribute CDs, reports and/or films that were performed prior to PACs as requested by physician offices or other facilities.
- Issues addendums/comparison requests as needed.
- Verifies and checks-in all films returned from physician offices and other facilities.
- Pulls and files all film jackets.
- Prints Taken Exams Report. Problem solves inconsistencies as directed.
- Prints Draft report and requests to sign off if needed.
- Distributes reports to appropriate physician’s office.
- Prepares next day’s schedule.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Answers multi-phone lines using proper telephone etiquette and takes messages in a courteous manner.
- Provides telephone reports to the physicians or faxes a report to physician offices.
- Responsible for office filing and maintaining office files as directed.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and previous hospital experience preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs