The posted compensation range of $26.38 - $38.26 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Shift: Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Under the direction of Asst. Director of Imaging Services and/or MOI Manager, the Staff Radiology Technologist works closely with Radiologists, referring physicians, other department staff and patients. They should have complete knowledge in the function and use of all radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment. Maintain patient safety to radiation by use of shields, collimation and application of appropriate techniques.
- Completes all exams on Meditech, including all applicable ancillary charges and verifies exams on PAC’s in a timely manner upon exam completion.
- Takes x-ray images of specified body parts as ordered and follows established procedures, processes images accordingly.
- Provides for patient safety and comfort.
- Practices radiation safety during exams in keeping with the ALARA principle.
- Provides lead shields to protect unaffected body parts from exposure to radiation.
- Performs all procedures as requested; determining appropriate exposure, proper instructions to and positioning of patient and with minimal amount of repeats.
- Adapts exams to the needs of patients in special age groups, familiar with use of positioning aids (pigg-o-stat, etc.) in accomplishing pediatric exams.
- Performs portable examinations in the operating room or on the floors, completing procedures promptly and observing proper sterile technique.
- Document all supply needs in communication log.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely & accurate manner. Assure all fields are complete including, but not limited to; contrast type, usage & amount/pregnancy/ & time out reporting in accordance with department & JCAHO safety standards.
- Turns in film badge monthly and personally monitors occupational exposure reports.
- Rotates the “on-call” and standby with other Technologists.
- Transports patients to/from department.
- Must have a current license issued by the state of Oregon. Temporary state licensure is acceptable.
- ARRT registered and or registry eligible within 90 days of employment.
- American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers required within 30 days of hire.
- New grads are encouraged to apply.
- CT experience preferred.
- Experience as a Meditech/GE super user preferred.
- Graduate of approved Radiology Technology program.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs