Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Progressive Care Unit
- Hours/Pay Period: 48
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
Up to $20,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible Position!
Pay Scale: $39.81- $60.89
Shift: 6:45pm - 7:15am
Core Schedule: Week 1 Sun, Mon; Week 2 Fri, Sat
The PCU RN performs duties of considerable difficulty, applying professional nursing theory and principles, and utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care given to patients. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary healthcare team in providing patient care. Demonstrates clinical, organizational and communication skills in dealing with patients, families and other healthcare workers.
- Observes, collects, & records data related to patient’s biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, and self-care ability, as well as educational & discharge planning needs.
- Analyzes assessment data to formulate a nursing diagnosis & to provide the basis for planning timely and effective nursing interviews.
- Implements an age appropriate plan of care in conjunction with the physician, patient, patient’s family, significant others, and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Documents & utilizes patient data to measure progress toward attainment of patient outcomes and patient goals.
- Documents the care given in a complete and timely manner.
- Management of the chronic ventilator patient and emergency intervention.
- Identifies the learning needs of the patient and significant others, and initiates measures to meet those needs within the patient’s assessed learning abilities.
- Involves patient & significant other in education and decision making process related to patient’s care.
- Completes documentation related to teaching intervention, progress, and outcomes.
- Administers medication according to hospital policies/procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Provides for and follows precautions to ensure patient safety related to fall prevention.
- Current RN license issued by the State of Oregon.
- PCCN preferred.
- Must have American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers within 30 days of hire.
- Must have ACLS within 3 months of hire.
- Previous PCU experience preferred.
- Associates Degree in Nursing.
- BSN preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse PCU at CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started