Nurse Family Birth Place
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Family Birth Center
- Hours/Pay Period: 48
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
Up to $20,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible Position!
Pay Scale: $39.81- $60.89
Shift: 6:45pm - 7:15am
Core Schedule: Week 1 Fri, Sat; Week 2 Sun, Mon
Under the direction of the Family Birthplace Nursing Director, the Family Birth Place RN (Experienced) performs duties by applying professional nursing theory and principles, and utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care given to patients. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary healthcare team in providing patient care. Demonstrates clinical, organizational and communication skills in dealing with patients, families and other health care workers.
- Applies nursing process to direct patient care through assessment, analysis of collected data, development of a plan of care, and implementation and evaluation of effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions in relation to intended goal.
- Provides adequate information and instruction to the patient, family, and significant other.
- Provides for an environment conducive to patient and staff safety. Conforms to hospital policies and procedures.
- Works with team members toward common goals and provides a positive work environment.
- Maintains a current knowledge foundation in area of clinical practice.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice consistent with organizational standards and values.
- Recover patients post c-section.
- Accountable for obtaining information regarding department, hospital, and community communication.
- This job description requires on-call.
- Current RN license issued by the State of Oregon.
- Must have current BLS within 30 days, arrhythmia certification within 3 months, NRP within 6 months of hire date.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire date if recovering patients.
- Requires a minimum of 1000 hours within the last 24 months as a Registered Nurse in OB/Gyn, or an RN with over 5 years L&D experience within the last 8 years.
- Must be labor trained.
- Must sign up for 24 hours of wall call per schedule.
- Associates Degree in Nursing.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Family Birth Place at CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started