Nurse Emergency Services I
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $39.81 - $55.62 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Click here to view the ANTI-RETALIATION NOTICE / Oregon Nurse Staffing Law: SB 469
Shift: Full-Time, 6:45pm - 7:15am
Core Schedule: Week 1 Thu, Fri, Sat; Week 2 Sun, Mon, Wed
Under the direction of the Emergency Department Clinical Coordinator, the Emergency Department RN I performs duties by applying professional nursing theory and principles, and utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care given to patients in the ED. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary health care team in providing patient care. Demonstrates clinical, organizational, and communication skills in dealing with patients, families, and other health care workers. On call with a 30 minute response time is required in this position.
Essential Duties Include the Following:
- Observes, collects and records data related to patient’s biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and self-care ability, as well as educational and discharge planning needs as indicated.
- Analyzes assessment findings and test results to provide the basis for planning timely and effective nursing interventions.
- Implements an age-appropriate plan of care in conjunction with the physician, the patient, the patient’s family and/or significant others and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. Incorporates patients’ individual social, emotional and cultural needs into the planning and teaching process.
- Documents and utilizes patient data to measure progress toward attainment of patient outcomes and patient goals.
- Documents the care given in a complete and timely manner.
- Effectively cares for psychiatric patients.
- Effectively manages and utilizes sophisticated equipment associated with Emergency Department care. Ensures that equipment is available, in proper place, and maintained in a working condition.
- Accurately assigns triage category. Reassess patients in waiting area based on triage acuity guidelines and re-categorizes them as appropriate.
- Monitors hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interprets the results.
- Anticipates and acts quickly in emergency patient care situations.
- Communicates significant data effectively to other staff as well as family/significant others as appropriate. Identifies the learning needs of the patient and/or significant others, and initiates measures to meet those needs within the patient’s assessed learning abilities.
- Completes documentation related to teaching intervention.
- Administers medications according to hospital policies/procedure to ensure patient safety Follows safe medication administration practices using the 5 R’s: Right Medication, Right Patient, Right Dose, Right Route, and Right Time.
- Provides for and follows precautions to ensure patient safety as well as infection control. Utilizes safety equipment according to hospital policies to ensure for own and co-workers’ safety needs.
- Current RN license issued by the State of Oregon required.
- Current certification in ACLS, PALS and TNCC preferred.
- Must have current American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers upon hire, arrhythmia certification within three (3) months of hire, ACLS within three (3) months of hire, PALS within six (6) months of hire and TNCC within one (1) year of hire. After initial PALS certification, ENPC may be alternated with PALS. After initial TNCC certification, TEAM may be alternated with TNCC.
- Completed competencies in the Emergency Department preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Emergency Services I at CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started