The posted compensation range of $19.68 - $27.06 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Pay Scale: Certified $19.68 - $27.06, Non-Certified $15.08 - $20.33 (Certification Required After Hire)
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required if hired into a Certified Medical Assistant position. Non-certified Medical Assistants will be required to become certified after hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required within 30 days of hire.
- Two years Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood and administer injections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Through knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation, database management, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and graphic presentation packages.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs