EVS Specialty Tech
The posted compensation range of $16.26 - $22.36 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Shift: Saturday, Sunday 7am - 7pm
Work includes providing a safe care environment for patients and staff (visitors as appropriate to setting) achieved by demonstrating the principles of cleaning, disinfection and quality assurance toward the reduction of harmful pathogens for the benefit of patients, visitors, and staff.
- Responsible for completing as assigned, daily occupied and discharge/transfer cleaning and disinfection of patient care areas, equipment, and other common areas.
- Performs duties while demonstrating a working knowledge of the health care cleaning and disinfecting principles and requirements. Displays safe chemical use and equipment handling for all items within the healthcare environment.
- Adheres to all organization safety, risk management and infection control guidelines and standards while promoting a culture of safety.
- Actively participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives, including but not limited to initiatives to improve patient experience and cleanliness metrics.
- Maintains cleaning cart(s), supplies, and equipment, as outlined in the Standard Work cart set up.
- Removes waste and transports to the appropriate disposal area while identifying proper waste stream handling (i.e. regulated medical, recycle, solid, and hazardous) in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Follows all infection prevention practices, including but not limited to: proper cleaning and disinfection protocols, hand hygiene, standard and isolation precautions, proper donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements (HIPAA).
- Practices critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates personal accountability.
- Identify and utilize appropriate resources to ensure identified problems or concerns are followed through and resolved.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility safety requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all EVS tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the environment.
- May be asked to perform tasks according to the various facility needs, including but not limited to: conference room set ups, cleaning of stairwells and elevators, and hanging of cubicle curtains.
- May be asked to mentor new Environmental Services Tech I employees.
- CHEST certification preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs