Charge Nurse Family Birth
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Family Birth Center
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $44.01 - $60.14 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Shift: 6:45pm - 7:15am
Core Schedule: Week 1 Tue, Wed, Thu; Week 2 Sun, Mon, Tue; Week 3 Thu, Fri, Sat; Week 4 Tue, Wed, Thu
Under the direction of the Family Birthplace Unit Director, the Charge RN works closely with staff nurses, OB Techs, Unit Secretaries, Nursing Supervisors, physicians and ancillary services. Assumes responsibility for staff assignments and patient care for the shift. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary healthcare team in providing patient care. Demonstrates clinical, organizational and communication skills in dealing with patients, families and other health care workers. This position requires on-call.
- Applies nursing process to direct patient care through assessment, analysis of collected data, development of a plan of care, and implementation and evaluation of effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions in relation to intended goal.
- Responds to crisis situations and informs Clinical Coordinator and Director as soon as possible.
- Recovers patients post c-section and circulates c-sections in the OR.
- Communicates verbally and in writing to the Unit Director and/or Nursing Supervisor regarding any risk management issues. Assures completion of quality assurance checks during each shift.
- Communicates with the Unit Director regarding staff performance issues and collaborates with the Unit Director regarding performance evaluations.
- Acts as resource person to other Family Birthplace staff members.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Coordinators and/or Director on unit specific performance improvement projects to ensure the department is in compliance with policies/procedures and regulatory standards.
- Promotes positive patient, staff and physician satisfaction.
- Provides for an environment conducive to patient and staff safety.
- This job description requires on-call.
- Current RN license issued by the State of Oregon required.
- Must have current BLS within 30 days, arrhythmia certification within 3 months and NRP within 6 months of hire.
- Two (2) years of labor and delivery experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Charge Nurse Family Birth at CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started