Charge Nurse Emergency Services
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
Pay Scale:$43.21 - $64.29
Shift: 6:15pm - 6:45am
Core Schedule: Week 1 Thu, Fri, Sat; Week 2 Sun, Mon, Tue
Works collaboratively with the leadership team, the department staff, physicians and interdisciplinary and ancillary staff to support day-to-day operations and patient care. Demonstrates clinical excellence, skilled communication, true collaboration, effective decision-making, appropriate staffing decisions, authentic leadership, and performs operational responsibilities of the role. On call required with 30 minute response time.
- Makes effective decisions in the unit by assessing situations in their entirety incorporating patient and family perspectives that affect patient care.
- Coordinates with other charge nurses, unit coordinators and nurse coordinator to facilitate patient flow within the hospital.
- Participates in and supports communication processes with patients, families and the healthcare team.
- Makes appropriate staffing decisions that match assessed patient needs with nurse competencies.
- Follows department staffing matrix based on acuity, activity and skill mix and communicates with department leadership and/or nursing coordinator to develop a contingency plan. Takes patients as needed.
- Facilitates staff breaks and lunches.
- Assesses productivity every four (4) hours within shift, anticipates changes and manages staff appropriately to maintain productivity and safety. Justifies variances when safety outweighs productivity.
- Recognizes gaps in experience in various levels of acuity and works with unit leadership to train and mentor staff.
- Ensures department is operating safely and is responsive to emergencies. Checks or assigns crash carts, rooms stocked, blanket warmer stocked, and Point of Care quality controls are completed accurately and documented.
- Performs weekly narcotic inventory. Reports discrepancies to unit leadership.
- Plays an active role in performance improvement initiatives.
- Able to function in all roles in the unit and acts as a backup and resource for staff.
- Acts as a super user for IT systems used in the unit.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Current RN License issued by the State of Oregon.
- Specialty certification upon hire preferred (example: CCRN, PCCN, CEN, RNC).
- American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers and ACLS upon hire.
- TNCC and PALS within six (6) months of hire. After initial TNCC certification, TEAM may be alternated with TNCC. After initial PALS certification, ENPC may be alternated with PALS.
- Must have arrhythmia certification within 3 months of date of hire – may test out of arrhythmia class during orientation with a grade of 80% or better
- Two (2) years’ current Emergency Department Experience.
- Previous designated Charge Nurse experience in related specialty preferred.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing.
- BSN preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Charge Nurse Emergency Services at CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started