Senior Software Development Engineer - Remote Opportunity
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Senior Software Engineer’s role is to create and maintain applications designed to support the business operations across the entire CommponSpirit Health enterprise.
This role is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based applications to facilitate the retirement of legacy systems. Also responsible for developing tools to extract data from legacy systems and load to archival applications. Troubleshoots problems and issues and looks for ways to improve applications. Familiar with a variety of healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Acts as a subject matter expert for software and coding. May have the responsibility of mentoring other software engineers.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops solutions by designing, developing/coding, and testing software solutions. (See Required Experience for required Programming language experience)
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution , and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying , data usage, and work processes.
- Follows the software lifecycle.
- May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, comments and clear .
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves by conducting analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Protects the organization by keeping information confidential and safe.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing and service issues.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing solutions.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $38.81 to $50.46 hourly rates, annualized.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or related technical discipline or equivalent software experience
- Significant experience and mastery of Object Oriented and the related patterns including detailed mastery of the current version one Object Oriented Programming language (Java, J2EE, C#, VB.net, objective C)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, reviews, source , build processes, testing, and Ability to work as part of a team, yet independently
- Experience and mastery using a relational database system and programmatic data access.
- Experience and proficiency data modeling and implementing databases.
- Experience and mastery using a relational database system, programmatic data access and modeling and implementing databases
- Extensive knowledge of at least one and experience with another one of the following platforms is required:
- Mobile - Native (Android or iOS), Hybrid (PhoneGap or equivalent), Web Application
- Microsoft - .Net, IIS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint
- Enterprise Java - Apache Tomcat, IBM, WebSphere (Portal, Application Server, Message Broker)
- Strong proficiency in writing SQL (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience in writing shell scripts in Unix
- Requires 6 or more years of experience primarily creating new applications. or related industry is ideal.Web Server (Apache, IIS) architecture and services
- Application Server (JBoss, Tomcat, WAS, WebSphere Portal, IIS) architecture and services
- DB Modeling, DB , DB optimization and of related SQL programming objects
- More than one SDLC methodology with detailed knowledge of Agile and Scrum and implementation of web services (SOAP, REST)
- Ability to write Perl scripts is preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.