Principal ServiceNow Systems Engineer - Remote Opportunity
CommonSpirit was formed by the alignment of Catholic Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity . With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The System Engineer job family has responsibility for infrastructure/technical planning, implementation and support activities for systems owned by the CommonSpirit ITD Team. Specific responsibilities include installing and supporting system hardware and software, performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and software updates. Responsibilities also include operational support activities such as resolving software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version . System Engineers work closely with architects, infrastructure support, database administrators and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for CommonSpirit customers and alignment with CommonSpirit’s IT standards, controls and governance. To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of technical, business and leadership skills. This requires an understanding of customers’ business needs, processes, and functions. They also require a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer . In addition, individuals working in this job family must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops, configures, and implements solutions to resolve complexto highly complex technical and business issues across multiple functions.
- Reviews and consults on solutions to resolve complex to highly complex technical and business issues.
- Leads design, development, and implementation to integrate new solutions within the existing or newly defined architecture.
- Works on multiple functions of high complexity.
- Serves as SME for multiple technical solutions Serves as a primary technical liaison to end users for new requirements and issues related to applications.
- Acts as a general internal consultant on application architecture initiatives.
- Collaborates with leadership on development of application standardization.
- Responsible for providing/setting direction on application architecture.
- Supports standardization of documentation and the integration of standards and practices.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments and research related to application packages and IT trends.
- Evaluates IT updates and revisions; coordinates testing of updates and revisions.
- Oversees efforts with key vendors to understand future application product plans in conjunction with IT leadership.
- Oversees complex configuration of applications based on user and vendor requirements on major application environments.
- Works closely with managers, project managers and business partner leaders to define and develop or implement major software applications.
- Works with IT staff, business partners and leadership to help them understand potential application functionality, development approaches, possible enhancements and process improvements.
- Provides advanced level application technical support to resolve problems.
- Works with IT staff to integrate processes with application systems.
- Works with enterprise architecture teams to integrate application architecture into enterprise architecture.
- Stays connected with industry best practices and vendor specific application methodologies.
- Contributes to the growth and development of application IT staff through education activities in support of the software application.
- Works closely with committees as a liaison to aligning needs with application functionality.
- Works with Application Analysts on planning for implementation of new application modules and enhancements.
- Works with Application Analysts on planning for maintenance releases and problem resolution
- Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
- May require on-call coverage responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical audience and high experience in producing quality client-facing deliverable content for local and remote teams and clients
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
A compensation range of $46 - $68/hr is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include incentive pay based on company , /dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, and more!
This is a remote work opportunity.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.